Native to ERC-20
This tutorial explains how to perform a cross-chain swap using the VarenX dApp. This type of swap goes via RenVM from a native chain to the Ethereum network.
Before proceeding with the swap ensure that VarenX dApp is connected to your Metamask wallet or any of the other supported Web3 wallets.
- 1.Click on the “Swap From” list to select the native token you wish to swap from.
2. Once you have selected the native token, a gateway address will be generated. You will be promoted to deposit your native token to the gateway address in order to continue with the swap.
3. After you send your assets to the gateway address, the relevant transaction will be picked up by the VarenX dApp and details including the progress bar of the required confirmations will be shown.
4. Once all the required confirmations are completed the Status will change to “Signed”. You can now proceed to the next step.
5. Select the ERC-20 token you wish to swap to from the “Swap To” list.
6. Press the “Swap” button to continue.
7. Review the details of your swap and press the “Approve Swap” button. Your Web3 wallet will open where you will need to confirm the swap to finalize the transaction.
Note: If at any time during this step the “Approve Swap” button becomes inactive, it means the price has been updated. You will need to accept the new price change in order to continue.
8. Great! You have now successfully completed a native to ERC-20 token swap.